By the Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) Montana/ Idaho Region Sponsored by Northcutt Steele Gallery, MSUB
Broad Spectrum is the follow-up to Studio Art Quilt Association (SAQA) Montana/Idaho’s 2012 inaugural exhibition Broad Spectrum: Contemporary Quilts of Montana and Idaho. Juried by Desi Vaughn and curated by Cynthia St. Charles, this exhibit was held at Ryniker Morrison Gallery at Rocky Mountain College, Billings, Montana and later traveled to the Denver National Quilt Festival VII.
This year, all members of the Montana/Idaho region as well as SAQA members who chose us as their second region were invited to explore the variety of meanings, images and experiences evoked by the theme Broad Spectrum, and to submit artworks that interpreted the theme in their own unique way.
This exhibit proudly represents the SAQA Montana/Idaho region with works by 21 artists, selected through a blind jury process. It is accompanied by a full-color catalog with artist statements as well as statements by our juror, Sarah Justice, Artist/Executive Director of the Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art and Dr. Leanne K. Gilbertson, Gallery Director at Montana State University’s Northcutt Steele Gallery.
Tour Schedule 2022 – 2023
- Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art, Great Falls, MT – February 18 – April 14, 2022 – STORE
- Hockaday Museum of Art, Kalispell, MT – January 07, 2023 – February 24, 2023
- Carbon County Art Guild & Depot Gallery, Red Lodge, MT – March 6 – March 31, 2023
- Schoolhouse History & Art Center, Colstrip, MT – May 5– May 26, 2023 – STORE
- Holter Museum of Art, Helena, MT – September 3 – November 24, 2023